Parks FAQs

No answers matched your search
Weddings and events
Which county parks are available for weddings?

Our most popular wedding venue is Camp Wilkerson, but you can also get married at Hudson-Parcher Park, Prescott Beach and Big Eddy.

What is the fee for weddings in Columbia County Parks?

Please contact the Columbia County Parks department for information on Camp Wilkerson weddings.  Weddings at all other parks cost $350 for the day (7 a.m. – 10 p.m.)

What is included in the fee?

The event fee includes the wedding venue of your choice. At Camp Wilkerson you have use of the Lodge, Schoolhouse and field. Hudson-Parcher weddings include access to either the lodge or the field. All other county parks provide large grass-covered and picnic areas.

Can I serve alcohol at my event?

Yes. You must provide the county with a $2,000,000 event liability insurance policy (with liquor liability coverage) 60 days before your wedding. If you opt for a no-host bar, you must have a licensed server.

Can we stay overnight?

Absolutely. Overnight camping is encouraged at Camp Wilkerson, Hudson-Parcher Park and Big Eddy. Campsites can be booked through Reserve America. There is no overnight camping at Prescott Beach.

Where can I rent tables and chairs locally?

Contact the local Chamber of Commerce for a list of vendors.

Can I bring my pet?

Yes! Pets are allowed in all County parks on leashes. Asburry Park is the only location with an off-leash area. Please do not leave pets unattended in campsites. 

How much does it cost to visit a park for the day?

Day-use parking is $5 per car. Annual passes can be purchased for $40 each. 

Can I use a metal detector in the park?

Yes. With the following conditions:

  • If you find an item of possible historic or cultural significance, leave the item where you found it. Please contact park staff.
  • The probing and digging for items is limited to the use of an ice pick, screwdriver or small knife. The use of larger digging tools is prohibited.
  • All turf, dirt, etc. must be left in the original condition after digging.
When are check-in and check-out?

Check-in is at 2 PM and checkout is at 12 PM

Where can I make reservations?

Reservations can be made using the left side navigation on our website or directly at Group camping and event reservations must be made over the phone. 

When can I make reservations?

Camping reservations can be made 365 days in advance. Event rentals can be made up to 2 years in advance. 

How long can I stay?

All Columbia County Parks have a limit of seven out of every 10 days. This means you can stay for 7 nights and then will need to find alternate accommodations for 3 nights before returning. 

What is bicycle camping?

Bicycle camping is camping for those cycling into the park. There is no parking and in most cases, campers are directed to an open area with no fire pit or picnic table. These spaces are not reservable by people to RV or car camp. Those arriving in vehicles will be turned away and risk losing their reservation fees. 

General Information
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
230 Strand St.
Columbia County Courthouse Annex
St. Helens,

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30