Am I registered to vote?
Completing your ballot
How to Complete Your Ballot
- Examine the ballot(s). Locate the candidates for each office and the YES or NO choice for each measure.
- Following the instructions on the ballot, mark the oval next to the candidate or response of your choice for each office or measure. USE A #2 PENCIL OR PEN. Fill in the oval completely.
- To vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, mark the oval next to the space provided on the ballot and write in the full name of the candidate.
Returning the Ballot
- Place only YOUR voted ballot in the ballot secrecy envelope and seal the envelope.
- Place the sealed secrecy envelope in the return envelope and seal the return envelope.
- SIGN the voter's statement on the back of the return envelope. Your ballot will NOT be counted if the envelope is not SIGNED.
- Mail or deliver (drop box info) the signed and sealed return envelope as soon as possible.
- Your voted ballot must be received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day or it will not be counted. (subject to change- effective 1/1/2022
Track your ballot
If you have not already submitted your voted ballot, you may request a replacement ballot. Should you make a mistake, lose your ballot, or your ballot is damaged, complete and mail:
Replacement Ballot Request Form
Replacement Ballots will be mailed no later than 5 days before the day of the election. Otherwise, you will need to contact Columbia County Elections and pick it up in person.
If you have not received a ballot, please contact Columbia County Elections to verify your registration information before requesting a ballot replacement.
State of Oregon Drop Box Locator
Columbia County Ballot Drop Site Locations
Columbia County Courthouse
230 Strand St, St Helens
Scappoose City Hall
33568 E. Columbia Ave
11 Lillich St, Clatskanie
Rainier City Hall
106 B St West, Rainier
Vernonia Public Library
701 Weed Ave, Vernonia
Mist-Birkenfeld RFPD (inside office)
12525 Oregon Highway 202, Mist