Passport applications are accepted by appointment only, please call 503-397-3796.
The Columbia County Clerk's office is a passport acceptance agent. . You will need one passport photo and a certified copy of your birth certificate from the state you were born to apply for a passport book or card.
Fees and Requirements
For a passport book:
New passport applications
- for Routine Service, applicants must complete Form DS-11.
- receipt of your routine service passport book can take up to 11 weeks
- fee for children under age 16 is $100.00, payable to the Department of State (checks only) and $35.00 to the County Clerk. This is valid for five years.
- fee for age 16 and over is $130.00, payable to the Department of State (checks only) and $35.00 to the County Clerk. All passport books are valid for 10 years.
- fees are non-refundable.
Passport renewal by mail:
- submit Form DS-82, along with payment for the $130.00 fee, to the US Department of State
- it is recommended that you use a tracking method
Qualifications for renewing passports by mail:
- issue date of the last passport is within 15 years
- applicant was 16 years or older when last the passport was issued
- applicant’s name is the same or name-change documentation can be supplied
- applicant is able to submit their expiring passport
- the expiring passport is undamaged.
- When requesting your passport application by expedited, please add $60.00 per application.
- NOTE: the fee for Expedited Service does not include overnight delivery. Customers must arrange for overnight delivery to ensure receipt of their passport book. Receipt of expedited passports can take up to 7 weeks.
For a passport card:
U.S. passport cards are not valid for international air travel; passport cards are only acceptable for land and sea border crossings between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- fee for Routine Service, applicants must complete Form DS-11. Receipt of your passport card can take up to 11 weeks.
- fee for children under age 16 is $15.00, paid to the US Department of State (checks only) plus $35.00 to the County Clerk (check or cash). Child passport cards are valid for five years.
- fees for those age 16 years and older is $30.00, paid to the US Department of State (checks only) plus $35.00 to the County Clerk (check or cash). Adult passport cards are valid for 10 years.
- if international departure is in less than two weeks, or a passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. A set appointment is required.
Visit travel.state.gov for more information.