How To Apply
Instructions for completing and submitting Columbia County Applications (PDF form):
Please follow the instructions carefully. While this application process may facilitate the use of many electronic devices, portable devices may not provide the best experience.
- In order to be considered an Applicant in the recruitment process, you must complete the electronic application accurately and submit it electronically as per these instructions.
- County Applications are accepted only when there is an open and listed job vacancy. County Applications that are submitted will be considered only for the "Position Applied For" on the County Application. To be considered for another open and listed job vacancy, a separate County Application must be submitted.
- You must have Adobe Reader XI or greater version, using an earlier version can affect your County Application being considered. Download free software→
- Open and/or download the Job Announcement and read the requirements carefully.
- Save the County Application locally to your computer, or to a removable drive. Label the file with your Last Name, First Name, Position applied for, Date Sent (Example: Doe, John Office Clerk Application 09-01-19.pdf)
- Open your locally saved County Application and enter your information electronically, completing all sections. Save the completed County Application. County Applications that are handwritten will not be considered.
- All other documents, if requested in the Job Announcement, MUST be provided in PDF format only, with a similar naming convention (Example: Doe, John Office Clerk Resume 09-01-19.pdf)
- Attach the completed Application, and any other documents if requested in the Job Announcement, to an email and send that email to HR.Jobs@ColumbiaCountyOR.gov.
- Applications must be received before 5:00 pm on the closing date of the Job Announcement.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.