The Code Compliance and Enforcement program is responsible for protecting health and safety by ensuring compliance with county regulations. Voluntary compliance is the program's core objective.
Compliance and enforcement staff respond to and process complaints involving alleged code violations, and assist technical staff in enforcing solid waste, building, land use, and on-site septic ordinances. The enforcement process involves field inspections, investigations, case management, serving citations, and court testimony.
As authorized by the Columbia County Enforcement Ordinance, the following types of complaints are investigated:
- solid waste that is a threat to public health or safety
- unpermitted construction - building, electrical, plumbing
- unauthorized land uses or failure to comply with land use conditions of approval
- storm water and erosion control
- standards for subsurface sewage disposal systems
Complaint Form & Contact Information