Planning Services are Available! Call our main office phone line (503.397.1501 ext. 1) to access all land development services including, scheduling an appointment, dropping off applications, and picking up permits.
The Planning Division is responsible for reviewing all development proposals within Columbia County's jurisdiction.
If you own property in Columbia County or are considering purchasing or developing property, contact us first and we will assist you in navigating the land use process by providing information related to zoning, permitting, dividing land, general land development, structure placement, and if your property contains environmental constraints such as floodplain, wetlands or other sensitive habitat areas.
Land Use Applications Under Review
NEXT RENEWABLE FUELS AT PORT WESTWARD - (File # CU 21-04 / DR 21-03 & V 21-05)
- Application for a Conditional Use Permit for a Rail Branch Line:
- Application for a Use Permitted Under Prescribed Conditions in RIPD Zone, Site Design Review, and Variance for Security Fencing:
FLOOD ORDINANCE UPDATE - (File # TA 20-03)
May 3, 2021, Planning Commission Public Meeting Video
Board of Commissioners Staff Report with Attachments for June 30, 2021, Public Hearing
PORT WESTWARD - Post Acknowledgement Plan Amendment (LUBA Remand)
Board of Commissioners Staff Report - November 9, 2020
Board of Commissioners Supplemental Staff Report with Attachments for July 14, 2021, Public Meeting
Current Planning Program
- Provides land use consultations about how to develop property and delivers technical planning information to the general public
- Processes land use applications including public notifications and zoning ordinance analysis
- Reviews building permit applications for zoning compliance
- Provides staff support to the County Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners on planning and zoning issues
- Manages special planning and grant-funded projects.
Long Range Planning Program
- Develops, maintains, and implements the Columbia County Comprehensive Plan and Zoning maps
- Administers, maintains, and processes amendments to the Zoning Code and Subdivision Ordinance
- Coordinates all plans and studies concerning land use activity within the county's planning boundaries
- Conducts major updates to the county Comprehensive Plan
- Coordinates with other public agencies regarding environmental issues such as floodplains, wetlands, and wildlife habitat
Codes, Ordinances, and Other Relevant Land Use Documents