BEFORE THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY, OREGON
In the Matter of Appeal of the Administrative )
Decision by the Land Development Services ) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Director for the Issuance of Land Use ) (PUBLICATION)
Compatibility Statement (LUCS 21-15) for Curtis )
Shuck c/o Lost Creek Rock Products LLC and )
Mel McDougal )
1. Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, at or after 10:00 a.m. virtually from the Columbia County Courthouse. On the date and time of the hearing you may enter the meeting room by:
Joining from a computer, tablet or smartphone at: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/357054141 Joining by phone at: United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679 Access Code: 357-054-141
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/870493693
2. If you have any questions regarding access to the meeting or would like to request ADA accommodations, please contact Jacyn Normine, Board Office Administrator, in advance of the meeting, by phone at 503-397-4322 or email at Jacyn.Normine@columbiacountyor.gov. Columbia County does not discriminate on the basis of disability, and will provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the County’s ADA Policy. A copy of the County’s ADA policy is available by request.
3. The purpose of the hearing is to consider the appeal by Curtis Shuck c/o Lost Creek Rock Products LLC and Mel McDougal on the administrative decision made by the Land Development Services Director for issuance of Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUC 21-15) to operate an aggregate quarry including removal, excavation, processing and stockpiling of aggregate materials and to site a portable non-fixed office and truck scale and exterior storage of heavy equipment associated with the use and the installation of a sedimentation pond.
4. The subject property is located in the Surface Mining Zone and identified in the County Assessor’s records as Tax Lot 7411-00-01000.
5. A copy of the Land Use Compatibility Statement decision, notice of appeal, Staff Report, application, all documents and evidence provided by or on behalf the applicant, and applicable criteria will be available for inspection at no cost at the Board of County Commissioners’ Office, located at Columbia County Courthouse Annex, 230 Strand St., Room 338, St. Helens, Oregon 97051. Copies of these materials will be provided at a reasonable cost upon request. The Staff Report will be available seven days prior to the hearing. Information regarding this appeal may be obtained by contacting Jacyn Normine, Board Office Administrator, by phone at 503-397-4322 or email at Jacyn.Normine@columbiacountyor.gov.
6. The applicable criteria to be used in deciding this appeal are in Columbia County Zoning Ordinance Section 1040 Surface Mining (SM), Section 1105 Flood Hazard Overlay – Development Permit, Section 1173 Activities Prohibited within the Riparian Corridor Boundary, Section 1184 Wetland Area Overlay Development Standards, Section 1450 Transportation Impact Analysis, and Section 1550 Site Design Review.
7. Written materials may be submitted prior to or during the public hearing. Please submit written materials to Jacyn Normine, Board Office Administrator, by email at Jacyn.Normine@columbiacountyor.gov or mail at Board of County Commissioners’ Office, Attn: Jacyn Normine, 230 Strand St., Room 338, St. Helens, Oregon 97051.
8. This is a public hearing. Interested parties may appear and be heard.
9. The failure to raise an issue at the hearing, in person or by letter, or failure to provide statements or evidence sufficient to afford the Board of County Commissioners an opportunity to respond to the issue precludes appeal to the Land Use Board of Appeals based on that issue.
10. The hearing will be held according to the procedures established in the Columbia County Zoning Ordinance and ORS 197.763.
Dated this 28th day of January, 2021.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY, OREGON
By: _____s/ Margaret Magruder ________________
Margaret Magruder, Chair
Chronicle: Please publish in your February 3, 2021 issue.
Chief: Please publish in your February 5, 2021 issue.